The Sr. Cost Accountant (Quotations) will be responsible for quotation management for Hyundai Translead’s make-to-order business trailer business. The quotation process will ultimately determine the profit and loss from the orders and the cost and margin in the quotations that needs to be reached based on collaboration with related parties (Sales, Sales Operations and Analytics, and Management).
Quotation Process Management
- Setting the yearly target strategy in the cost and margin for make-to-order trailers
- Apply various strategies to different customer groups (direct/dealers, fleet/leasing, product types)
- Make actual cost updates and forecasts (cost trend in raw material and other costs)
- Perform monthly quote performance analysis (quote vs actual by product, customer, cost components)
- Quote related operation analysis (cost recovery, etc.)
- VC system management (quote system in SAP)
- Reporting to Head of Department and Finance Management
- Inter-departmental communication as needed
- Proposal review for Head of Department and Finance management
- Continuous process review and improvement
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance
- 5 years of progressive experience in public or private accounting
- 3 years of experience in Cost/Managerial Accounting
- Strong financial analysis, problem-solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements
- Previous experience with SAP experience
Who We Are
At Hyundai Translead, we promote a customer-driven corporate culture by providing the best quality and impeccable service with all values centered on our customers. We refuse to be complacent, embracing every opportunity for greater challenge and are confident in achieving our goals with unwavering passion and ingenious thinking. We create synergy through a sense of “togetherness” that is fostered by mutual communication and cooperation within the company and with our business partners. We believe the future of our organization lies in the hearts and capabilities of individual members, and will help them develop their potential by creating a corporate culture that respects talent. We respect the diversity of culture and customers, aspire to be the world’s best at what we do, and strive to become a respected global corporate citizen.
- 401(K) matching
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 100% premium paid health, dental, vision, life, ADD, LTD, STD insurance benefits
- Voluntary benefits: pet insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental life insurance
- Hyundai vehicles lease/purchase discount program
- Daily lunch benefit
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Hyundai Translead is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.