The Business Strategy Associate will be responsible for supporting strategic planning and strategic development initiatives, including annual business planning and performance monitoring across the board by analyzing data from multiple sources for trends/insights, preparing narrative and statistical reports, including suggested implementation strategies, supplying the Business Intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively make recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration.
This position will play a key role in supporting management decisions by providing in-depth analysis and routine business performance assessment reports and overseeing measures/indicators related to outcomes of the strategic planning. This position will also collaborate with the cross-functional departments and managers at various levels to identify operational issues and risks and deliver strategies to mitigate risks.
Management & Headquarters Reporting (40%)
- Prepare various regular and ad hoc management reports (annual/quarterly corporate status ,and plan reports, etc.)
- Ensure the timely submission of deliverables from a diverse array of multiple cross-functional teams
- Follow up on communications per Headquarters requests and executive management
Management initiatives support/coordination (30%)
- Support and coordinate a company-wide management initiatives with collaboration with internal and external stake holders
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements to project managers and other stakeholders
- Closely monitor and analyze performances to identify operational issues and escalate issues as appropriate (e.g. hedge procurement risk, trailer demand forecasting)
Analyze complex data/information from internal and external sources to provide strategic insights (30%)
- Gather, analyze, and derive meaning from mid-to-long term/annual business plan performance data to develop key insights that can be leveraged to create hyper-efficient strategies
- Provide analysis and assessment of business performances in areas such as Production, Sales and Operations, and prepare and deliver weekly, monthly, and annual performance reports via BI software and tools
- Perform thorough, systematic analysis of key industry trends, the general socio-economic and political environment, legal and regulatory issues, customers, and current and potential competitors
- Provide market insights through reports to the executive leadership and various internal management teams to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation
- Perform detailed analytics of KPI performance against targets and goals via BI software and tools, and build and maintain automated KPI reporting across entire company
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of strategic planning experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Economics
- Previous experience with SAP
- Previous experience using Power BI
Who We Are
At Hyundai Translead, we promote a customer-driven corporate culture by providing the best quality and impeccable service with all values centered on our customers. We refuse to be complacent, embracing every opportunity for greater challenge and are confident in achieving our goals with unwavering passion and ingenious thinking. We create synergy through a sense of “togetherness” that is fostered by mutual communication and cooperation within the company and with our business partners. We believe the future of our organization lies in the hearts and capabilities of individual members, and will help them develop their potential by creating a corporate culture that respects talent. We respect the diversity of culture and customers, aspire to be the world’s best at what we do, and strive to become a respected global corporate citizen.
- 401(K) matching
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 100% premium paid health, dental, vision, life, ADD, LTD, STD insurance benefits
- Voluntary benefits: pet insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental life insurance
- Hyundai vehicles lease/purchase discount program
- Daily lunch benefit
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Hyundai Translead is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.